However, my patio is concrete so that didn't get torn up :)
Last year we had:
- bell pepper
- numerous flowers, and I think that's it.
- potatoes - we had a huge success growing potatoes in containers
- carrots - we had another huge success growing carrots in containers
- brussels sprouts
- herbs - this year I'll get it right, compact planting, not sprawling huge all over the place
- sunflowers -they grew from our bird feeder seeds! Since we are ground level these are great for adding privacy
- flowers - lots! but less than last year - more veggies!!
- spaghetti squash
asparagusnot recommended for containers
- strawberries or raspberries
I'm not doing tomatoes again until I can plant in the ground. I don't know why the plant that most people find easy, I find impossible. Well I can get it to grow like a weed, but the actual tomatoes are not edible. I think I wind up giving them not enough water, or too much water. Either way they just end up being a headache.
We had great success with the carrots and potatoes. I bought 19 gallon pots from Superstore, drilled holes in the bottoms and they worked perfectly. I had a hard time leaving the carrots in the ground :) I think I will have 2 pots of carrots this year and 1 pot of potatoes. I planted 3 seed potatoes and had baby potatoes all summer! I looooove baby potatoes. the only time I buy large potatoes is when I make microwave potato chips. I hope to find and have success with strawberries this year. I would prefer raspberries but I don't think we have the room - but I will look into it ;)
I've got my Pinterest board I want to Grow These in full swing with lots of great ideas from all over the place.
My Initial Plan: